So if any of you have spent even one minute around me lately you would have noticed some slight differences:
- More Nike than Honey Birdette;
- Slightly less of me (weight-wise);
- Maybe I look in the mirror ‘more often’ than I used to;
- And most importantly a bigger smile!
I have been working hard now for the previous two months and a bit. Waking up at 5:00am or in some instances just not going to bed until 10:00am so I can get in an early morning exercise session at least once a week. I’ve always heard people say this (but now I say it): Gruelling as it is at the time, afterwards I feel ten fold better. No pain no gain.
So my ambition was to change my lifestyle and become a healthier and happier person. Here is a progress update.
Nope! I hate this word.
Areas for improvement
- My body clock and sleeping patterns are still ridiculous.
- I still order uber-eats more often than not. However, looking at my previous orders there are a few more sashimi boxes and salads.
- My Dan Murphey’s membership is still active.
In my eyes at least!
- Learning that apparently ‘ropes’ have all sorts of good uses apart from tying me up. ‘Battle Ropes’ is one of the hardest but most rewarding high intensity exercises I have been taught recently.
- Smiling every time I walk by a mirror naked.
- Choosing to run (jog… ehh … roll haha) in my spare time instead of couch surfing.
- Being active and social by joining a group exercise class.
- Feeling better every day!
So it has been a tough two or so months but the rewards both physically and mentally are starting to appear and I look forward to more soon.
Never give up, always aim high, and do what makes you happy! I have a feeling 2021 is going to be an amazing year for Kate Wu.
Kate Wu xx